Access to your medical record (the Right of Access)
You have the right to get a copy of information that is held about you.
This is known as a subject access request.
- You can sign up for Secure Online Access to your full GP electronic record.
- You can then look at your medical record whenever you want.
If you do wish to make a subject access request then:
- You can do this in writing (letter, email, askmygp)
- You can download and fill in this form if easier
- You can make such a request verbally to a member of staff or a doctor or nurse that you are consulting with at the surgery
Please let us know exactly what information you would like.
We can provide you with your information:
- by email
- or (if necessary) as a printout
We will strive to provide the information within 28 calendar days.
There is usually no fee for this.
We will also provide you with a link to the "supplementary information", which for nearly all such requests will be the detailed privacy notice for our GP records database (Systmone).