SCREENING OF PATIENTS ATTENDING FOR APPOINTMENTS
Following the latest guidance we will be changing the way we screen patients attending the surgery for appointments from Monday 12th October.
In future we will be asking patients attending the surgery for appointments the following
5 screening questions on arrival at the surgery.
1. Do you or any member of your household/family have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
2. Are you or any member of your household/family waiting for a COVID-19 test result?
3. Have you travelled to a country that is not safe for travel in the last 14 days?
4. Have you had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, or been in isolation with a suspected case in the last 14 days and been advised to self-isolate?
5. Do you have any of the following symptoms?
• new, continuous cough
• a loss or alteration to taste or smell If a patient answers yes to any of the above questions, the appointment will be cancelled and the patient advised to return home to isolate or to request a test if they have symptoms.
• high temperature or fever
A test should be requested via www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test Thank you.
We appreciate your continued support in helping us prevent the spread of Covid-19 and keeping everyone safe.