The best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated every year.
To accommodate the increasing demand for flu vaccinations this year, and to support safe social distancing, we will be offering patients the opportunity to book an appointment slot at Robin Park Sports Centre for a flu vaccination this year. Don’t worry if you are unable to travel to Robin Park, you will be able to attend the surgery for your vaccination.
Both sites will only be being offering pre-booked appointments only. All of these appointments will be made via the practice on our dedicated flu line 01942 481501 (open Mon-Fri 8am till 5pm, except Wed open 8am till 2pm). We ask that only when you are invited to so you contact the practice, as we are sure you can understand it is not practical for our patients or our practice for all patients to attempt to contact at the same time. Our invites will be sent via mobile text message or letter.
A variety of days and times will be available at both sites.
The purpose of the vaccination Centre at Robin Park Sports Centre is to allow additional availability for our patients to be vaccinated earlier in the season. This site is intended for eligible patients who have relatively good health and are able to attend the alternative site. Patients who are more vulnerable will be asked to attend the surgery.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT ROBIN PARK SPORTS CENTRE
- FREE CAR PARKING - There will be clear signage for the flu clinic car park along with a car park attendant to direct you.
- There may be a short wait outside so please wear suitable clothing for the weather.
- Vaccines will be given in left upper arm or right upper arm (please wear suitable clothing)
- Please bring a mask/face covering if you are able to do so (we can provide a mask if you do not have one)
- Please attend your appointment on time, Please do not come early or late.
- Please DO NOT come if you have COVID symptoms (i.e high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
When contacting the practice to book your appointment our team will ask a small series of questions to help ensure you are directed to the most appropriate clinic for your needs.
Please note these clinics are only for adult flu vaccinations and further information will follow regarding the child nasal flu programme.
For more information please visit www.nhs.uk.flujab